THIS SITE IS FOR THE USE OF CECS/COP ORIENTATION ONLY AND WILL ONLY BE ACCESSIBLE ON YOUR ORIENTATION DATE.
If it is after your orientation date and you need to submit a CECS override request, CLICK HERE. For all other overrides requests after your orientation date, please contact the department where the course is housed.
What You Will Need
To submit on override request, you MUST upload proof of in-progress or completed prerequisite requirements:
- Includes an unofficial transcript from your previous institution or an unofficial score report from a testing agency. High school transcripts are not accepted.
- Document must be in the form of a .pdf .jpg or .png.
- Your first and last name, name of the institution or testing agency, exam or course taken, and final score or grade must be clearly listed on the document that you upload.
You will also need the following:
- UCF ID (7-digit ID number, no letters)
- Email address (preferably Knightsmail)
- Course Information:
- Course Name/Prefix
- Section number
- CRN (course number)
- Status of Class (class must be open or waitlisted)
*See image below if you need help.
*Please Note: WE CANNOT PROVIDE OVERRIDES FOR CLOSED COURSES, START TIME OVERLAP FOR ANY COURSES, OR WHERE PREREQUISTIES ARE NOT MET.
Submit only if you received an error when attempting to register for an Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology course for which you meet prerequisites. Requests will be reviewed by CECS advisors and, if approved, students will receive a notification via email.
Students will either be given approval to waitlist or enroll themselves. In some cases, an Advisor will register the student for the class. BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL FREQUENTLY AFTER SUBMISSION TO DETERMINE IF YOU NEED TO TAKE ANY ACTION TO REGISTER FOR THE CLASS(ES) YOU HAVE REQUESTED.
NOTE: If prerequisites were taken at a private or out-of-state institution AND are not satisfied on your audit, you would need to have a successful petition for equivalency prior to submitting an override request.
Disclaimer — If you have been granted an override into a course for an upcoming term that you are in-progress of completing prerequisites for:
- The override does not guarantee you registration for the course.
- If you do not submit proof of a final grade in the prerequisite course(s) (with a “C” or better) by the first day of classes, you will be dropped from the course.
- Proof should be 1) a screen shot of your final grade in the prerequisite course(s) or 2) a printed copy of your unofficial transcript showing your final grade in the prerequisite course(s). Either form must clearly show your name, the name or URL of the institution, and your final grade in the course. This proof can be sent as a reply to the email that you receive requesting proof.
DO NOT SUBMIT UNTIL YOUR SCHEDULED REGISTRATION TIME. Overrides for Engineering, Computer Science, and Information Technology courses should be requested online through the CECS Orientation Override Request: https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5BzsVRCwd4NtrIG.
Math, Physics, or Chemistry Overrides
Submit only if you received an error when attempting to register for a Math, Physics, or Chemistry course for which you meet prerequisites. Overrides for these courses are reviewed by the College of Sciences. Students will receive an email response from their office once their override is reviewed.
DO NOT SUBMIT UNTIL YOUR SCHEDULED REGISTRATION TIME. Overrides for Math, Physics, and Chemistry courses should be requested online through the College of Sciences (COS) website: https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_ebd7M1iWAOittop.
The English override request form is for students who are requesting overrides into ENC 1102 or any course offered by College of Arts and Humanities (CAH) that requires ENC 1102 as a prerequisite (i.e. ENC 3241 or ENC 3250). To enroll in ENC 1102, proof of ENC 1101 must be submitted. To enroll in any CAH course that requires ENC 1102 as a prerequisite, proof of ENC 1102 must be submitted.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR REQUEST BY 12:00 PM ON THE DAY OF YOUR REGISTERED ORIENTATION SESSION TO ALLOW SUFFICIENT TIME FOR REVIEW AND PROCESSING PRIOR TO ORIENTATION REGISTRATION. Requests submitted after 12:00 pm will be reviewed in the order that they are received and may not be reviewed in time for registration at orientation. Overrides for an ENC course should be requested online through the CAH website: https://ucf.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8jrCBISy6rirnx3.